Friday, October 6, 2017

This is How You Lose Her Part 2


I’m still not really convinced that Yunior is a pathological cheater because of his family. I honestly think that it’s Miss Lora who really caused him to be like this. He actually really liked her and was convinced that she loved him, too. However, at the end of the day she talked to other men from school and eventually left Yunior. “You walk into her bedroom, but the bed is made. Ay mi pobre, she laughs. No seas celoso. But of course you are.” He’s probably scared to let himself be vulnerable like that and that’s why he screws up every relationship he’s in first (before it’s done to him).
Yunior probably attracts these women because he gives off these vibes that he doesn’t give a crap about anything. And for some reason girls are really attracted to that. I actually researched why that is the case, and this is what I found in a study: ““While they are selfish, rule-breaking, imprudent, and rebellious, they are also brave, temerarious, independent, and self-reliant—and they live frantic, galvanizing lives,” He added that this behavior could function as “a signal that the subject has such good genetic quality and condition as to live dangerously without suffering harm.”

            Lastly, I believe in nurture over nature. Most parents raise their children based on gender roles and behaviors of society. Boys usually act more aggressive, because since birth, they were surrounded by words, actions, toys that will enable them to be that way. They are called "strong" and "tough," and are given toy trucks and action figures to fight with. However, girls are usually taught to be nurturing and more communicative (with dolls, etc).

No comments:

Post a Comment