No joke, I
thought long and hard to come up with the answer to who I thought the better
partner for Tita would be. I feel like Dr. Brown was probably the better pick for Tita. Dr. Brown
actually seeks to build a relationship with Tita based on love and mutual
understanding. On the other hand, Pedro only has feelings of lust and sexual
attraction towards Tita. I feel like she can have a more stable relationship
with Dr. Brown but Pedro will just be toxic 💀 Even when Tita’s mother died (she was the only
obstacle between Pedro and Tita) the first thing he wanted to do was have sex
with her. He’s a player and I don’t like him. “with everything he said and did, not once considering
her feelings. It was definitely true, Pedro had turned into a monster of
selfishness and suspicion” (Esquivel, 98)
Even though Pedro and Tita died in the end, I feel like that
was just the beginning of their relationship together. Except this time, they won’t
have outside factors holding their love lust back. Esquivel had to kill
them off, if she made them live happily ever after it would be too predictable
and corny. If she ended up choosing John, readers would probably think that she’s
too weak of a character.
Towards the end of the book, I started to feel empathy
towards Mama Elena. Yeah I hated her at first because she was way too abusive
towards Tita, but then we see a whole different side to her that kind of humanizes
her. She went through forbidden love, which lets us as readers see why she
might’ve been so strict with her kids. She tried to protect them from
heartbreak, although she sucked at that.
No comments:
Post a Comment